[tor-relays] An Internet backbone blocklisted my Tor server!

boldsuck lists at for-privacy.net
Tue Aug 20 12:10:30 UTC 2024

On Dienstag, 20. August 2024 12:12:22 CEST Tzanca via tor-relays wrote:
> > I bet the reason that my server periodically goes offline is because it is
> > being blocked and not because it is actually offline!
>
> It can be the metrics server seeing server down but server actually being
> up. Seen this multiple times.

A simple method is to record the network traffic.
vnstat is a lightweight tool, just works without config.
You can view your daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, 5 minute and whatever traffic.

If you need it, you can also have PNG output using a cron job with vnstati.

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!