[tor-relays] Request for Tor to support armhf architecture

Alex alex at blueselene.com
Mon Aug 19 09:32:25 UTC 2024

On Sat, 17 Aug 2024 19:35:46 -0600
Landon <reply at mynetblog.com> wrote:

> The Raspberry Pi is a perfect computer to run Tor because it has 8 GB
> RAM, is tiny, only uses a max of 25 watts of power and works great as
> a network server. Plus, I don't have to leave my big power hungry
> desktop computer on all the time to run Tor.

If you have an RPi with 8GB of RAM you have either a RPi4 or RPi5. They
both have aarch64/arm64-capable processors, and many Linux distros with
support for this arch have aarch64 packages of the Tor daemon you can
use + deb.torproject.org has aarch64 builds for bookworm.

I suggest installing a aarch64 OS, Raspberry Pi OS has aarch64 images
for example.

--
Current PGP KeyID: 0AFB427F1800FD89751C4035292228735AE707FF

https://blueselene.com/pgp-archive/0AFB427F1800FD89751C4035292228735AE707FF/key.pub