[tor-relays] Relay Bandwidth Limit

Jonathan van der Steege jonathan at jonakeys.nl
Mon Oct 16 14:15:35 UTC 2023

Hi Dan,

Please be aware that the AccountingMax is per direction of traffic (in/out). So 5TB is effectively 2*5=10TB in total.
See also https://support.torproject.org/relay-operators/limit-total-bandwidth/
And maybe you don't want all your bandwidth used and want some traffic reserved for connecting/operating via ssh for example and installing updates during the month.
And indeed, the traffic will stop when the limit is reached or when all bandwidth the VPS provider gave is used.

Regards,
Jonathan

-------- Courriel d’origine --------