[tor-relays] Discuss. Why not split donations to Tor relay owners?

torrrelays at riseup.net torrrelays at riseup.net
Thu Oct 12 11:41:58 UTC 2023

I provided some high speed Tor nodes (non-exits and guards) but I quit
in this year to make some space for my other projects. I would continue
collaborating by keep Tor nodes online if I receive some donation. Is it
just me, because I received $0 for running those Tor relays.

So my proposal is this:

1. make a donate-torrelay-owner.tpo website
2. let Tor relay owners link their
PayPal/Striple/BitCoin/OpenCollective/AmazonPay/GooglePay/Whatever
account
3. the Tor project and other good folks put money into the large bottle
(donate-torrelay-owner website)
4. the donation then split by the participants & send to each accounts
monthly

By doing this, you are creating sustainable mechanism to keep Tor nodes
running and other people who have access to their servers may join. More
Tor nodes will be added to the network & owners get paid at least.
Win-win.

Please do this!