[tor-relays] Selecting Exit Addresses

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Fri Mar 31 12:14:14 UTC 2023

On Freitag, 31. März 2023 01:26:42 CEST denny.obreham at a-n-o-n-y-m-e.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just activated my first exit relay. (
> https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/3B85067588C3F017D5CCF7D8F65B
> 5881B7D4C97C ) I had the following in my torrc (plus some other things):

Don't forget to write Francisco a ticket. So he knows abuse mails come from a
tor exit. https://buyvm.net/acceptable-use-policy/

> SocksPort 0
> ControlPort 9052
> ORPort      209.141.39.157:443
>

> I have 2 IPs on my server and I wanted Tor to use 209.141.39.157. I thought
> setting it with ORPort would suffice. But under "Exit Addresses" in the
> metrics it was my other IP. So I added the following in my torrc:
>
> Address     209.141.39.157
> OutboundBindAddress 209.141.39.157

> And now I have both IPs in the "Exit Addresses". How can I prevent my exit
> relay from using the other IP? Note that I have also another instance of
> Tor running a hidden service that I intended to run on the other IP.

For IPv4 only a flag is missing at the ORPort
See [NEW FEATURE] Relay IPv6 Address Discovery
https://www.mail-archive.com/tor-relays@lists.torproject.org/msg17760.html

Dual stack config:
Address 185.220.101.33
Address [2a0b:f4c2:2::33]

OutboundBindAddress 185.220.101.33
OutboundBindAddress [2a0b:f4c2:2::33]

ORPort 185.220.101.33:9001
ORPort [2a0b:f4c2:2::33]:9001

IPv4 only:
Address 185.220.101.33
OutboundBindAddress 185.220.101.33
ORPort 9001 IPv4Only

Then restart the relay, a reload is not enough.

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!