[tor-relays] Receiving abuse reports for Non-Exit Relay

Chris Enkidu-6 tor at wcbsecurity.com
Fri Jul 28 01:42:34 UTC 2023

As others have mentioned, this does not look like a Tor issue to me. It
more seems like a compromised or misconfigured server.

You mentioned you reinstalled the OS. Did you use the same root
password? My suggestion is that you go about this step by step. First
reinstall the OS with a different root password and no additional
software or configuration. Wait to see if you get any abuse reports. The
next step, install Tor and wait to see if you get an abuse report. And
the last step would be installing any additional packages that you might
be currently using for anything else if any.

This method could narrow down the cause.