[tor-relays] Netcraft spam

jvoisin julien.voisin at dustri.org
Mon Jan 9 18:20:58 UTC 2023

Hello everyone,

at Nos-Oignons[1], we're getting spammed, not only on
abuse at nos-oignons.net, but also on our contact email, and so is our
hoster and its upstream but Netcraft[2]. Of course, we started by
diligently answering the emails, but now it does feel like a waste of
everybody's time. We told them we're hosting tor nodes, and that there
is little we can do to prevent morons from abusing the network and using
our relays for bad things™, but the netcraft spam keeps coming, annoying
everyone.

Is this something other operators have seen too or are we alone? If so,
is there anything that can be done to make them understand what's going on?

Than,s

1. https://nos-oignons.net
2. https://www.netcraft.com/cybercrime/countermeasures/

--