[tor-relays] Frantech (was Re: Confusing bridge signs)

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Sun Feb 26 00:41:59 UTC 2023

On Freitag, 24. Februar 2023 14:19:13 CET Jeff Teitel wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2023 at 12:10 AM Marco wrote:
> > Yes, Frantech should actually be avoided. But in Miami there are few Tor
> > relays. A SLICE 512  for $2.00/m or $20.00/y is sufficient for a bridge.
> > https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices/
>
> Why should Frantech be avoided?

https://community.torproject.org/relay/technical-considerations/

Because Frantech=PONYNET (especially Luxembourg) it's just as crowded as:
OVH SAS (AS16276)
Online S.a.s. (AS12876)
Hetzner Online GmbH (AS24940)
DigitalOcean, LLC (AS14061)
;-) Berlin (AS60729)

That doesn't mean that you should turn off your Tor exit when it's already
running. :-) I have some running there too.
Frantech is suitable for the first exit experiences because you don't have any
problems with abuse there, if you follow the rules.

To find little-used providers:
https://nusenu.github.io/OrNetStats/#autonomous-systems-by-cw-fraction

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!