[tor-relays] Questions about Tor consensus weight & swag

shruub obsvj67j at 4wrd.cc
Sat Feb 18 17:26:55 UTC 2023

> makes you lose
flags, and it also might be the reason your consensus weight was lowered.

I'm not sure if I actually lost flags, but yes, that is probably the main
reason.

> RelayBandwidthBurst

One question, what actually is the burst? Haven't found anything online
nor in man.

> There's not a value established yet for this as far as I know,
but it certainly should be one. 500 KBs is too little for our days, IMO,
at least 1 MB/s is even too little for mobile devices on 3G (we have 5G
ready...).

Indeed, yes. I'm not sure why, but every request on mobile feels a lot
slower than on a pc

> You mean the `Running` flag? That means the relay is `running` $now
where $now is the last time the majority of directory authorities voted
that they can reach your relay (usually, last authority vote).
Sorta yes, basically wanted to know if it has first seen (in metrics) or
just how long it's been running.

> Thanks for running a relay!
:)