[tor-relays] disable moderation on tor-relays again?

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Tue Feb 14 08:57:38 UTC 2023

nusenu:
> Hi,
>
> can we try to disable moderation on this list again and see how it goes?
>
> If it gets out of hand you can always move back to a moderated mode or a
> mode where
> the first email of a sender is moderated.

I've no strong opinion but looking over my moderator experience spanning
the past months/years I can see some benefit of preventing spam, abusive
behavior and mails not intended for the group from reaching the mailing
list and thus everyone subscribed to it. There are downsides like the
delay of posts arriving on the list but that's a thing we could fix by
putting more posters onto our allow list.

But, as mentioned, I'd not be opposed to disable moderation at this point.

Georg