[tor-relays] Middle relay IP blocking

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Mon Aug 7 18:35:56 UTC 2023

On Samstag, 5. August 2023 08:40:42 CEST Marco Predicatori wrote:
> securehell at gmail.com wrote on 8/4/23 01:46:
> > I tried reporting a similar issue a few months ago (post wasn’t approved
> > by
> > moderator). I was running a relay from my home ISP. After a short while
> > certain websites became inaccessible from other computers in my home
> > network that shared the same public IP. After trial and error with other
> > IP addresses (non-Tor) I realized commercial gateway services had
> > blacklisted our IP address.
>
> Same here, middle node. In order to access some sites, I have to shut down
> briefly my modem in order to obtain a new IP, and for a while all goes
> smoothly again.

Hi @all,

Just my 2 cents. Is this worth the hassle?
Calculate your power consumption 24x7x30 @home.

For 1-5$ you can get a VPS.
This exit has 1GB RAM and 1CPU and costs $3.50/month
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/376DC7CAD597D3A4CBB651999CFAD0E77DC9AE8C

Search or ask for offers on LEB & LET:
https://lowendbox.com/
https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/185210/tor-relay-bridge

$websearch: cheap vps unlimited bandwidth
IONOS 1,-EUR/Month - 1GB RAM - 1vCore unlimited bandwidth - prepaid (=no contract term)
https://www.ionos.de/server/vps

Dedicated server for $15 per month: 4 Cores/4 threads - 16GB DDR3 - 5 usable IPv4  :-)
https://www.nocix.net/cart/?id=261

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!