[tor-relays] Open call for proposals for improving the health of the Tor relay operator community and the Tor network

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Sat Apr 1 23:11:58 UTC 2023

> The sponsor name, DRL (Department of State Bureau of Democracy, Human
> Rights, and Labor - US Gov), can be found in the linked milestone

I found it after sending the question but thanks for elaborating.

>>> Great questions.
>>>
>>> - Yes, it will be a public and transparent process;
[...]
>>> Our goal is to build this governance process.
>>
>> Do you have a timeline for building and defining the governance process
>> which probably should be the first thing to do
>> so people can make up their minds on whether they like
>> the process and want to be involved or not?
>>

> Sure, here is the timeline: October 2022 - January 2024
>
>   - We called for proposals from the community (March 3 2023)
>   - Work on proposals (TPO) (like meta proposal about the process and
>     governance and different stake holders) (March/April)
>   - Proposal evaluation (May/July)
>   - Events and offline discussions with community (August/September)
>   - Approving proposals after feedback from the community and figuring out
>     the details of enforcement/adhering to them (September-December)
>   - Proposals go live (January 2024)

Based on your answer I got the impression that my question was
slightly misunderstood since you outlined the timeline from the proposals
to the "proposals go live" but my question was specifically about
the definition of the governance process.
According to the order outlined people are expected to submit
proposals before the governance process (the second item in your list looks like it) is defined,
shouldn't it be the other way around?

I think an effort could be made to to answer some more fundamental questions,
like the one I sent previously, found under "a few questions".

I found it surprising to see some of my previous
proposals linked on the slides of the meeting - because tor core people (arma, geko, more?)
have practically rejected them in the past already.

kind regards,
nusenu
--
https://nusenu.github.io