[tor-relays] knock knock, police is here

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Sun Sep 11 16:04:03 UTC 2022

On Samstag, 10. September 2022 14:37:18 CEST volker.mink at gmx.de wrote:

> On Tuesday morning police knocked on my door, performing a full house
> search.
For me the bastards were 2 weeks ago at 6:05 am :-(
Until now I was not told which IP's and when it was.

> Unfortunately they found some dope (yea, 420guy here) during the house
> search, which  makes thing even more complicated.
Oh, that sucks. I hope you don't live in Bavaria and it's your first BTM case.
Since my whole place is full of IT stuff, including server cabinets, they
overlooked the BTM stuff. They were only interested in child pornography.

> Now I am considering shutting down all my exits.
For me they have achieved the opposite, I would like to do even more exit
traffic. The server IP's continue to run under my name. Lawyer Udo Vetter¹ will
inspect the files and we will most likely file a complaint.
I'm saving for my next server and would like to offer Freifunk exit traffic in
addition to Tor exit traffic.
If the cops come again, everything will be re-registered as an LLC or LTD like
relayon.org & yggdrasil.ws do.

¹https://www.vetter-mertens.de/law-blog/
Solmeke is also familiar with exits.
https://www.wbs-law.de/kanzlei-anwaelte/christian-solmecke/

> I promise you guys, there is nothing more bad than a police house search in
> the early morning hourse. Even a burglary would be less worse. Burglars
> come, steal, go and you never hear again from them.
Oh, I've had worse raids before. They only searched 2 laptops and a mobile
phone for child porn pictures. They didn't find anything and didn't search the
rest of the IT any further. They confiscated nothing and ransacked no
cupboards. We then talked about why I do Tor and Freifunk. What does that
cost. And were interested in FreeBSD on the Macbook.

> Police comes, searches through all your belongings, destroys your privacy,
> is allowed to take ALL what they want - and they will send you bad bad
> letters afterwards.
I am in contact with Digitalcourage and Artikel10 and have sent them all the
documents.

> What are your thoughts about this?
Heartfelt condolences.

You are welcome to write to me privately and in German.

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!