[tor-relays] many connections

Richie richie at zuviel.org
Mon Oct 3 10:26:24 UTC 2022

Hi, toralf,

since i'm quite a n00b regarding iptables and shellscripts: are there
somewhere n00b-proof setup instructions for the ddos protection scripts?
here: relay (schlafschaf) with the usual connection floods, running on
Kubuntu (latest LTS)

What i found out:
ipset is not installed per default, added via
sudo apt-get install iptables
Also installed as recommended: stem, jq

Trivial, nevertheless: edited the ORPort address on Line 122
Outcommented Lines 79-103 (hetzner, zwiebeltoralf only)

running the script results in output as with iptables -L, containing
tcp dpt:443 #conn src/32 > 30
@ the "chain input ACCEPT" line
and no entries in the chain PREROUTUNG, OUTPUT, PREROUTING and OUTPUT lines.

Strange: sudo watch ipv4-rules.sh results in
1: ipv4-rules.sh: not found

My apologies if its not the right place to ask.
greetz
Korrupt