[tor-relays] Relay Throttling

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Fri May 6 19:57:56 UTC 2022

On Friday, May 6, 2022 2:39:09 PM CEST trinity pointard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are two main mechanisms to limit relays bandwidth usage.
> The first is by setting RelayBandwidthRate and RelayBandwidthBurst to limit
> the average and peak bandwidth usage of your bridge.
> The second is by setting AccountingMax, AccountingStart and possibly
> accounting AccountingRule, to limit the total bandwidth usage over some
> periode (day, week or month)
>
> If you want to limit your relay to, say 100mbit, with burst at 120, and set
> a hard limit on monthly traffic to 1TB you can set in your relay torrc.
>
> RelayBandwidthRate 100MBits
> RelayBandwidthBurst 120MBits
> AccountingMax 1 TBytes
> AccountingStart month 1 00:00
# How we determine when our AccountingMax has been reached. sum|max|in|out
# (Default: max)
AccountingRule sum

A hint, mostly you want 'sum'.
Tor is !Webserver, the incoming and outgoing traffic is the same. Almost all
providers calculate in + out traffic.

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!