[tor-relays] Relay Throttling

GANDI24325_TOR GANDI24325_TOR at protonmail.com
Fri May 6 12:26:23 UTC 2022

There are settings you can add to your torrc to limit both the speed of your bandwidth and total amount of data sent per period, have a look at this two links:

http://rzuwtpc4wb3xdzrj3yeajsvm3fkq4vbeubm2tdxaqruzzzgs5dwemlad.onion/relay-operators/bandwidth-shaping/index.html

http://rzuwtpc4wb3xdzrj3yeajsvm3fkq4vbeubm2tdxaqruzzzgs5dwemlad.onion/relay-operators/limit-total-bandwidth/

For example if i want my relay to use 3MB/s average with a burst of 6, and no more than 1 TB in a month one could put this in their torrc,

RelayBandwidthRate 3 MB # Throttle traffic to 3MB/s (24Bbps)RelayBandwidthBurst 6 MB # But allow bursts up to 6MB/s (48Mbps)

AccountingMax 1TBAccountingStart month 1 12:00

Hopefully this helps

Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com/) secure email.