[tor-relays] Tor Exit: Complaints of IP being used for "spam" despite exit policy

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Thu May 5 16:48:43 UTC 2022

On Thursday, May 5, 2022 3:57:02 PM CEST The Doctor wrote:
> [...]

Thanks, Neel and yl had already messaged me privately. I replied to them
yesterday. I had already solved the problem, unattended-upgrades and logcheck
mails reach me again.

Actually, I should know that we should avoid exit IPs for DNS, mail and other
things. I configured nullmailer as usual, then it takes the first IP and
interface it finds. I was sending mail as a client through|to my DNS
provider's SMTP server 'easydns.com'. They recently started using abusix
before smtpauth as well. Only a /27 are exit IP's per server. Now the mail
goes out on a completely different subnet and network card.

Well I could have pinged Mark Jeftovic @ easyDNS too, please whitelist _my_ IP
for _my_ mailbox. Or sending mail out via the SMTP server from IN-Berlin, like
my iRMC (BMC) do.

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!