[tor-relays] Debian is not allowing tor to update despite it being listed as a trusted respritory

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Thu May 5 00:29:30 UTC 2022

Ok. I have tried different things. And the same is still happening:

sources.list file:

## Note, this file is written by cloud-init on first boot of an instance
## modifications made here will not survive a re-bundle.
## if you wish to make changes you can:
## a.) add 'apt_preserve_sources_list: true' to /etc/cloud/cloud.cfg
##     or do the same in user-data
## b.) add sources in /etc/apt/sources.list.d
## c.) make changes to template file
/etc/cloud/templates/sources.list.debian.tmpl
###

# See
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/release-notes/ch-upgrading.html
# for how to upgrade to newer versions of the distribution.
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster main
deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian buster main

## Major bug fix updates produced after the final release of the
## distribution.
deb http://security.debian.org/ buster/updates main
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ buster/updates main

deb [trusted=yes] http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org buster main
deb http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org buster main

deb-src [trusted=yes] http://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org buster main

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'backports'
## repository.
##
## N.B. software from this repository may not have been tested as
## extensively as that contained in the main release, although it includes
## newer versions of some applications which may provide useful features.
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports main
deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports main
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian stretch main

tor.list file:

deb     [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/tor-archive-keyring.gpg]
https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org amd64 main
deb-src [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/tor-archive-keyring.gpg]
https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org <buster> main
https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org tor-nightly-main-<buster> main
deb-src [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/tor-archive-keyring.gpg]
https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org tor-nightly-main-<buster> main
deb     [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/tor-archive-keyring.gpg]
https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org tor-nightly-main-buster main
deb-src [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/tor-archive-keyring.gpg]
https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org tor-nightly-main-buster main

Please, what should the sources.list and tor.list files look like? I am
sorry to ask. Thanks.

--Keifer