[tor-relays] Bridge lifecycle expectations

Just a Pleb pleb at memmius.net
Wed Mar 23 13:33:30 UTC 2022

Hi meskio,

Thanks for the detailed response.

My bridge has been assigned to telegram so that explains why it's not active yet.

Watching per country stats makes sense for determining where the bridge has been blocked.

Also good to know the bridge state should be fully disposed when recycling rather than preserved for reputational purposes.

Follow up question on running bridges and relays. If the consensus is I should pick Relays xor Bridges to run I will but I'm not fully convinced that's the right trade off for capacity -vs- security given "good actors" wouldn't attack the traffic and bad actors wouldn't obey the injunction the only extra security impact I see is limiting damage from "good actor who get compromised" which is *some* obviously...

Thanks