[tor-relays] Tor 0.3.5.x is unsupported, please upgrade

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Mon Mar 21 10:18:01 UTC 2022

Georg Koppen:
> Hello!
>
> It's time again to get relays upgraded running an EOL Tor series
> (0.3.5.x). We'll start reaching out to operators with valid contact
> information this week and plan to start reject relays which are still on
> 0.3.5.x about 4 weeks from now on at the begin of March. You can follow
> along that process in our bug tracker[1] if you want.

Alright, I just pushed a commit to get relays rejected by fingerprint
which are still running an unsupported Tor version (be it a 0.3.5.x or
an unsupported 0.4.x one). This will take effect once a majority of our
directory authorities has picked it up (which can take a couple of hours).

I've sent our bridge authority operator all the fingerprints of bridges
running an unsupported Tor version for rejection as well.

We'll run further rejection rounds in the coming weeks to deal with new
relays/bridges popping up with unsupported Tor versions. You can follow
along this process by tracking our respective ticket in Gitlab.[1]

Thanks, in particular to those operators who keep their relays/bridges
up-to-date or updated them recently!

Georg

[1] https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/network-health/team/-/issues/210