[tor-relays] Snowflake vs bridge on home connection on a Raspberry Pi 4

Cristian Consonni cristian at balist.es
Sat Mar 19 00:02:30 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I have a fiber connection at home and I would like to run a bridge or
standalone Snowflake proxy on a dedicated Raspberry Pi 4. I have been
reading some threads [1][2] from this list about the topic, but it is
not completely clear to me what would be the best choice.

The requirements [3] for running a bridge are 24/7 connectivity and the
ability to expose TCP ports; however, I have read that it is also
preferred that you have a static IP to run a bridge (in the page about
the recent campaign about bridges, having a static IP was listed as a
requirement [4]).

In principle my home connection has a dynamic IP, but I have been
logging my IP address for the last few days and it seems quite stable
(it has not changed for the last 4 days).

What's the best choice? Can I run both?

Best,

Cristian

[1]: