[tor-relays] Tor Relay Operator Meetup (Saturday, March 5th @ 2000 UTC)

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Mon Mar 14 19:37:42 UTC 2022

On Monday, March 14, 2022 9:19:41 AM CET Georg Koppen wrote:

> > Pad notes will be posted after the meeting.
>

> Here they come.
Thanx a lot!

> * Censorship situation in Russia:
>
> Since Dec 2021, the censorship department in Russia started to block
> parts of the Tor network. It's not uniform -- in some places Tor works
> fine, in some places the website is reachable, in others it doesn't.
My ISP mirrors the Tor website and Tor Browser can be downloaded from there:
https://debian.netcologne.de/torproject.org/
https://mirror.netcologne.de/torproject.org/

> We have a Telegram bot, which returns some bridges. The anti-censorship
> team is testing these bridges from a vantage point in Russia, and if
> they're blocked we rotate the bridge to a new address. We have 25k
> people connected over the Telegram bot bridges.
Maybe the link can be spread in the bot with the bridges.

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!