[tor-relays] Flooding of unbound via resolve attempts

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Fri Mar 11 22:28:50 UTC 2022

On Thursday, March 10, 2022 9:33:07 AM CET Georg Koppen wrote:

> It seems that someone (intentionally or not) is overwhelming unbound
> leading to DNS resolution issues for those exit operators that do run
> this local resolver, which we currently recommend.

Yes, I had this rubbish on exits with unbound for a few days recently:

https://paste.debian.net/1233888/

On colocation machines¹ that are connected with 10G and more, I and other exit
operators use powerdns + dnsdist.

¹A new server is currently on its way to the data center :-)

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!