[tor-relays] Good hosting providers for an exit node

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Mon Mar 7 16:49:50 UTC 2022

On Saturday, March 5, 2022 3:12:31 AM CET Charles Bevitt wrote:
> I run a middle relay at home but now I’m planning to also lease a VPS to run
> an exit node. I’d appreciate any suggestions for a good hosting provider.

The best providers are where there are few other relays. On OrNetStats you can
research (exit) providers where there are only one or two relays.
https://nusenu.github.io/OrNetStats/#exit-families
https://nusenu.github.io/OrNetStats/#autonomous-systems-by-cw-fraction

> My first choice would have been BUYVM, but it seems they’re always out of
> stock.

Frantech is unfortunately overrun with exits. But just like FlokiNet, for the
first experiences with Tor exit and abuse tickets, recommended. For both, note
the AUP!
Register an account beforehand and check Frantech/BuyVM always at the
beginning of the month 6.-10. Unpaid invoices are terminated on 6th of the
month ;-)
https://buyvmstock.com/

https://github.com/boldsuck/tor-relay-bootstrap

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!