[tor-relays] How to reduce tor CPU load on a single bridge?

Gary C. New garycnew at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 21:53:45 UTC 2022

Georg,
>> Are there any "Issues" submitted for a similar change to Concensus Weight and Relay Probability to Tor Metrics on Onionoo? It appears these values are still only being reported for a Single Tor Node.

> Hrm, good question. I don't think so and I am not sure yet, whether we
should make such a change.

Do you mind me asking what the reluctance might be to extending Tor Metrics to include correct reporting of Concensus Weight and Relay Probability for Loadbalanced Tor Relays? It would provide a more accurate assessment of Tor Network Resources and assist DirectoryAuthorities in making more informed decisions.
I would be happy to open an "Issue" on the topic for official Request For Consideration.
Thank you and the Tor Metrics Team for all that you do in improving the Tor Network.
Respectfully,

Gary—
This Message Originated by the Sun.
iBigBlue 63W Solar Array (~12 Hour Charge)
+ 2 x Charmast 26800mAh Power Banks
= iPhone XS Max 512GB (~2 Weeks Charged)

    On Friday, March 4, 2022, 12:22:06 AM MST, Georg Koppen <gk at torproject.org> wrote:

 Gary C. New via tor-relays:
> Georg,
> Yes! That is precisely it!
> Please know that the change appears to be working with my loadbalanced Tor Relay deployment as well.
> Are there any "Issues" submitted for a similar change to Concensus Weight and Relay Probability to Tor Metrics on Onionoo? It appears these values are still only being reported for a Single Tor Node.

Hrm, good question. I don't think so and I am not sure yet, whether we
should make such a change.

> A BIG Thank You to the Tor Metrics Team for the Issue-40022 implementation.

You are welcome. It seems, though, the implementation was not correct.
We therefore reverted it for now. However, we are on it. :)

Georg