[tor-relays] How to reduce tor CPU load on a single bridge?

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Fri Mar 4 23:52:26 UTC 2022

On Fri, Mar 04, 2022 at 09:40:01PM +0000, Gary C. New wrote:
> I see that the metrics change has been reverted.
>
> If/When the metrics change is implemented, will loadbalanced Tor Relay Nodes
> need to be uniquely named or will they all be able to use the same nickname?

When I made my own combined graphs, I relied on different instances
having different nicknames. I don't know an easy way to distinguish the
descriptors of different instances otherwise.

You could conceivably do it by analyzing the periodicity of different
instances' publishing schedules. (Start one instance on the hour,
another at :10, another at :20, etc.) But that seems fragile, not to
mention annoying to deal with.