[tor-relays] Odd network activity

Eldalië eldalie at disroot.org
Thu Mar 3 22:42:25 UTC 2022

Hello there.

> I see on every exit node I check on the metrics page, a massive bump
> in bandwidth used without a change in exit probability.

I just checked the metrics page for the relay I operate
(791E637A38C715336290E8AC0EB6C99BD02A5F0E) and I noticed a bump similar
to the one from FDAA4F76F778215F02B0B02DCE8E8504179BCDC6. However, my
relay is not and has never been an exit relay. Also, it looks like the
data changed retroactively: I usually check the metrics about once a
day and I'm sure I would have noticed the peak of 26/02 the day after -
I mean, it is a more than x3 increment from the day before (that also
had the highest value ever until then).
Should I worry about that? And should I report my own relay to
the bad-relays mailing list?
Thanks for the help.

Eldalië

--
Eldalië
My private key is attached. Please, use it and provide me yours!