[tor-relays] Your opinion about tor-node.org

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Wed Mar 2 21:21:37 UTC 2022

On Mittwoh, 2. März 2022 00:57:26 CET Martin Gebhardt wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I don't know who of you is familiar with this, I just came across it a
> few weeks ago. It's about tor-node.org.

I can't find any relays operated by them. Does anyone know which? Looks like a
ploy to me to find some dumbasses to fund Alphabay Market, Archetyp Market and
Abacus Market's own hidden services. ;-) They should actually make enough
money.

> It is probably a person who collects funds for the operation of Tor
> infrastructure. Nothing wrong with that and I applaud that.

As long as they don't publish fingerprints of the relays, I don't believe
anything.
If anyone is interested in sponsoring reputable Tor relay operators, here is a
long list: https://www.torservers.net/partners/

> But what bothers me is the transparency. I also believe that using Tor
> is an act of anonymity. But running Tor infrastructure is an act of
> transparency. I am very interested in knowing who is working on our
> project.
I completely agree.

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!