[tor-relays] We're trying out guard-n-primary-guards-to-use=2

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Tue Jun 28 16:10:37 UTC 2022

On Mon, Jun 27, 2022 at 10:58:42PM -0400, Roger Dingledine wrote:
>  this change
> means that clients will now choose between two guard relays by default
> (rather than just one) when building circuits.

One of the people on the forum asked if this change applies to bridge
users (including pluggable transport users) too, and I believe the
answer is yes-it-does.

So if you have two or more bridges configured, with this change your
Tor will now pick two of them to use for your circuits.

More details here:
https://forum.torproject.net/t/tor-is-much-slower-latterly-than-it-used-to-be/3567/33

--Roger