[tor-relays] Metrics shows my relay down. But it's not.

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Sat Jun 25 21:48:18 UTC 2022

On Freitag, 24. Juni 2022 21:11:30 CEST Eddie wrote:
> The metrics is showing one of my relays
> (40D13096BBD11AF198CE61DEE4EAECCE5472F2E7) as down for around the last 3
> hours.  Logging in to it, I see everything running normally.
>
> This server has also lost a bunch of flags for no apparent reason, so
> I'm not sure if they're connected.

Jo it's unfortunately normal, my ¹relays have been changing from red to green for weeks. ;-)
Because the Tor network and also the ²dir auths are under DDoS. We just talked about it in the meeting. see meeting pad³

¹https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#search/ForPrivacyNET
²https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor/-/issues/40622
³https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-relay-meetup-june-2022-keep

Our XMR .onion (hidden service) nodes look bad too:
http://xmrguide25ibknxgaray5rqksrclddxqku3ggdcnzg4ogdi5qkdkd2yd.onion/remote_nodes

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!