[tor-relays] EXPKEYSIG when running 'apt update'

wurstsemmel at mailbox.org wurstsemmel at mailbox.org
Tue Jun 14 19:54:21 UTC 2022

Hi,

same here on 2 VPS with Ubuntu 22.04 (jammy).

Err:5 https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org jammy InRelease
  The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG 74A941BA219EC810
deb.torproject.org archive signing key

I followed [1] and executed the following command:

# wget -qO-
https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/A3C4F0F979CAA22CDBA8F512EE8CBC9E886DDD89.asc
| gpg --dearmor | tee /usr/share/keyrings/tor-archive-keyring.gpg
>/dev/null

I thought that the package deb.torproject.org-keyring should keep the
signing key up-to-date, however the package was installed and is the
newest version (unattended-upgrades activated for TorProject
repository).

# apt install deb.torproject.org-keyring
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
deb.torproject.org-keyring is already the newest version
(2022.04.27.1).

[1] https://support.torproject.org/apt/tor-deb-repo/

Regards,

wurstsemmel