[tor-relays] EXPKEYSIG when running 'apt update'

Peter Gerber tor-lists at arbitrary.ch
Tue Jun 14 17:19:54 UTC 2022

Hi Imre,

I also ran into this issue. Following the current instructions [1] and adding a signed-by
in sources.list fixed this for me:

deb     [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/tor-archive-keyring.gpg] https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org <DISTRIBUTION> main

Looks like the expiration date on the key was changed and the package deb.torproject.org-keyring
only updates that key in /usr/share/keyrings/. I can't but wonder if everyone that doesn't have a
signed-by is affected, which must be quite a few.

Regards,

Peter

[1]: https://support.torproject.org/apt/