[tor-relays] EXPKEYSIG when running 'apt update'

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Tue Jun 14 21:29:38 UTC 2022

On Monday, June 13, 2022 7:11:32 PM CEST Imre Jonk wrote:
> Hi tor-relays,
>
> I'm getting this error when running 'apt update':
mee too ;-)
> Err:4 https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org bullseye InRelease
>   The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG 74A941BA219EC810
> deb.torproject.org archive signing key
>
> The signing key in
> /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/deb.torproject.org-keyring.gpg does not appear
> to be expired, so I guess some repository metadata signature has
> expired. Does anyone else encounter this issue?

Had the same thing today and saw that some machines had a newer archive key in:
/usr/share/keyrings/tor-archive-keyring.gpg

You can get the new one with this one line:

wget -qO- https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/A3C4F0F979CAA22CDBA8F512EE8CBC9E886DDD89.asc | gpg --dearmor | tee /usr/share/keyrings/tor-archive-keyring.gpg >/dev/null

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!