[tor-relays] My current node setup

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Tue Jun 7 22:47:32 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, June 7, 2022 5:25:18 PM CEST Nyasaki Server wrote:
> Hi to all new ppl that may have joined after the sysadmin101 workshop.
Yes, that was a fun event ;-)

> Exit-Node:
> Archlinux with tor
Awesome, Arch and Gentoo relais are rare *BSD even less and unfortunately
nobody talks about (Open)Solaris: https://illumos.org/

> metric collection service that nicely collects the statics that tor
> exposes. It's a VPS hosted at Terrahost in Norway for 20$ / month with 2
> vCPU’s and 4GB Memory. Unbound only resolves requests from localhost, due
> to a high percentage of DNS timeouts in the past I decided to use this just
A second IP (DNS on non-exit IP) could help. Unfortunately, the monthly IP
prices have doubled for almost all hosters in the last few months + extra
setup fee. :-( Hetzner started this shit.
Mostly, timeouts are not due to unbound, but assholes messing with the Tor
network. In syslog you see bullshit like IPv6 link-local addresses fe80::
> as backup and resolve everything else via the dedicated DNS server.

> The firewall is set up to allow every port that's listed in my torrc, my
> non-default ssh port and the IP of my dashboard for the metrics port.
Please only filter inbound traffic, never outbound on exits.

Simple Tor relay ip/nftables for IP & IPv6:
https://github.com/boldsuck/tor-relay-bootstrap/tree/master/etc

 > Hosted at Oracle Cloud
I won't comment further on Oracle.
I left DynDNS very quickly at the time when they took it over.

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!