[tor-relays] Update on tor issue on my debian

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 17:30:30 UTC 2022

Well, after deleting those files, etc, here is the terminal output when
running apt-get update.

root at vps-3e661acc:/home/debian# root at vps-3e661acc:/home/debian# apt-get
update
Hit:1 http://security.debian.org buster/updates InRelease
Hit:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster InRelease
Hit:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports InRelease
Ign:4 https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org buster InRelease
Ign:5 https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org buster Release
Ign:6 https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org buster/main all Packages
Ign:7 https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org buster/main amd64 Packages
Ign:8 https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org buster/main Translation-en
Ign:9 https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org buster/main
Translation-en_US
[...]
Err:7 https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org buster/main amd64 Packages
  Certificate verification failed: The certificate is NOT trusted. The
certificate chain uses expired certificate.  Could not handshake: Error in
the certificate verification. [IP: 95.216.163.36 443]
Ign:8 https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org buster/main Translation-en
Ign:9 https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org buster/main
Translation-en_US
Reading package lists... Done
E: Failed to fetch
https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org/dists/buster/main/binary-amd64/Packages
 Certificate verification failed: The certificate is NOT trusted. The
certificate chain uses expired certificate.  Could not handshake: Error in
the certificate verification. [IP: 95.216.163.36 443]

So, that appears to have fixed the updating from a respiratory issue. But I
am wondering what is the terminal command to update the SSL certificate?
Thanks.
--Keifer