[tor-relays] Outdated GeoIP DB

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Mon Jan 24 17:31:22 UTC 2022

> We run the update command daily and sync the data from it.
>
> See: https://man-pages.ipfire.org/libloc/location.html
>
> As far as I understand this should update the local DB.
>
> Are we overlooking something?

location version
Mon, 24 Jan 2022 06:02:28 GMT

location lookup 89.58.17.76
89.58.17.76:
   Network                 : 89.58.16.0/22
   Country                 : Germany
   Autonomous System       : AS197540 - netcup GmbH

According to the ipfire devs the webservice at
https://location.ipfire.org/lookup/89.58.17.76
does not update the db daily, since it uses the db version when the service started.

So if you are using a daily updated version everything should fine on your side.

The remaining questions (why does it believe it is DE vs AT) is a question for the ipfire devs.

@Martin:
I can recommend their mailing list:

kind regards,
nusenu