[tor-relays] Outdated GeoIP DB

Martin Gebhardt (Die LINKE.) martin.gebhardt at linkspartei.org
Sun Jan 16 19:36:50 UTC 2022

Hi,

in the past I had already written with someone about it. At that time
the entries were not up to date. There was a Gitlab issue about this,
but I can't find it now.

Anyway, the data is not up to date again.

Example: https://apps.db.ripe.net/db-web-ui/query?searchtext=89.58.17.76
vs
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/6A0A9C3B3381C89CCB85C64BBCF6942805AA477B

The IP address is currently located in Austria. But in the metrics
Germany is displayed. This is a "correct" but outdated information.

Since I don't know if this can have any effects on the routing, which I
don't assume, but is theoretically possible, I just want to target it again.