[tor-relays] questions about raspberry pi bridges

gus gus at torproject.org
Tue Feb 22 16:59:45 UTC 2022

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 03:00:41PM +0100, torrelay via tor-relays wrote:

> On 22.02.22 14:16, gus wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 01:02:18PM +0100, meskio wrote:
> > > Quoting potlatch via tor-relays (2022-02-22 04:26:27)
> > > AFAIK raspbian bullseye has 0.4.5.10, are you sure you are using the latest
> > > version of raspbian?
> > >
> If you have a pi3 or newer you can run debian 64bit (not raspbian) and just
> use the torporject repo.
>
> > But, if you're on a dynamic IP/residential connection and have a Raspberry
> > Pi, I would recommend running a Snowflake standalone proxy.
> >
> Why? If your ip doesn't change everyday you can run a stable relay with up
> to 4MB/s on a pi3.

"users will need to ‘discover’ your bridge's IP address again, i.e., go
over the process of requesting a new bridge (by email, Moat or https).
On the other hand, Snowflake will discover your proxy new IP and
automatically share with them."

https://forum.torproject.net/t/running-a-bridge-on-a-raspberry-pi-4/842/21?u=gus
--
The Tor Project