[tor-relays] TorWeather replacement

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Sun Feb 20 14:53:40 UTC 2022

On Friday, February 18, 2022 11:46:11 PM CET nusenu wrote:

> The most likely way forward with the weather replacement is probably to
> accept and document the onionoo reliability issues and simply don't claim
> to provide hourly granularity. I would still consider it to be useful even
> when it does not provide hourly granularity, but feel free to share your
> opinion if you agree/disagree.

In the last few years, relays have only failed for me if network work was
carried out at the provider. Like recently at Frantech Luxconnect, moving to
another floor. And after that, only some IP or IPv6 remain offline.

It would be perfectly sufficient for me if a failure was reported after 6 or 12
hours. Also, we don't have a multimillion dollar webshop that makes us huge
losses every hour. ;-)

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!