[tor-relays] Genereal queations about MyFamily

Martin Gebhardt martin at gebhardt.im
Mon Feb 7 11:26:16 UTC 2022

Hey nusenu,

thanks for your quick reply.

On 2/6/22 17:18, nusenu wrote:
> Hi Martin,
[..]>> 1. 2. to simplify the torrc, would it
>> not be advantageous to enter in "MyFamily" not all fingerprints, but
>> only that of the Family as such? Are there already suggestions for
>> this with the developers?
>
> A new MyFamily design is in the works, which will be easier to configure
> for operators
> https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2021-November/019954.html

Yes, this reads great.

>> Like with AROI
>> from nusenu.
>
> To avoid misunderstandings: An AROI is not a MyFamily replacement.

I know I just thought of AROI as a way to verify MyFamily information.

But your reference to Nick's performance is exactly the sort of thing I
had in mind. That would make it much easier to handle large families.

[..]

For all interested, the current link to "321-happy-families.md" is
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/torspec/-/blob/main/proposals/321-happy-families.md

Thanks!