[tor-relays] snowflake vs bridges (vs node)

Eldalië eldalie at disroot.org
Fri Feb 4 09:40:58 UTC 2022

Hello there.

> And generally, what's more needed atm: bridge, non-exit, exit or
> snowflake?

I'm not an expert at all, but the most needed type of relay is exit
([1]) and I suppose always will be, as they are the most prone to raise
legal issues ([1]) and have the highest requirements ([2]). Also, to my
understanding, if there were many exit nodes but guard or middle were
missing, exit nodes would be used for the first two hops as well, so if
you have enough resources and you will to I'd say you should go with an
exit node.
As for the question about bridges I'm a newbie, so I'll leave the
answer to someone with some expertise :).

Eldalië

[1]
https://support.torproject.org/relay-operators/#what-type-of-relays-are-most-needed

[2]