[tor-relays] Recommended IPv6 Configuration

lists at for-privacy.net lists at for-privacy.net
Thu Feb 3 15:25:29 UTC 2022

On Thursday, February 3, 2022 3:25:01 PM CET t.duellmann+torrelays at gmail.com
wrote:

> I read here [1] that IPv6 is on the rise and support for it is growing.
You must have been offline for a few years. :-)

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2020-July/018748.html

> Alternatively, could anybody who got it set up already, post their
> experiences and maybe even the relevant parts of their torrc?
I've never had an IPv4 only relay. Dualstack has been running great for years.

Some Hints:
https://github.com/boldsuck/tor-relay-bootstrap/blob/master/etc/tor/torrc
https://github.com/boldsuck/tor-relay-bootstrap/blob/master/etc/network/
interfaces

Since IPv4 are outrageously expensive¹ (especially RIPE Address Space), dear
relay operators, please configure IPv6. Development must go to IPv6 only
relays.

¹Hetzner started, everyone is following suit:
https://docs.hetzner.com/general/others/ipv4-pricing/

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!