[tor-relays] OVHcloud does not allow Tor exit relays on VPS/cloud services

Olaf Grimm jeep665 at posteo.de
Tue Feb 1 15:49:21 UTC 2022

I've had enough with OVH as well. For a long time they played a good
hoster, but somehow it's different now. I am bombarded by "abuse" and
"tickets", which unanswered first have no consequences, until suddenly
the VPS is in rescue mode.
But there is no ticket in the customer panel. If you ask, the network
team is not the Abuse team, so you don't get to the right address. They
forward it internally.

The same happens with the hoster Yourserver.se. For a very long time it
was quiet there too. I had to switch all exit relays to normal relays
there too.

In total 18 exit relays are lost now and I will switch them off as
normal relays this year, because my focus is on exit relays, if you have
to pay so much. Both hosters were very fast and always good in the network.

Olaf