[tor-relays] Short heads up

Neel Chauhan neel at neelc.org
Fri Dec 30 02:46:20 UTC 2022

On 2022-12-25 00:27, Frank Steinborn via tor-relays wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> I made some smaller tweaks over the last few hours which should
> especially help relays on nearly OOM or thrashing situations (making
> use of Zswap + MGLRU if available).
>
> The rules themselves are just the same, so no changes there.

I had an exit relay which was constantly DDoSed. Instance CPU usage was
40%.

Had the IP change (for another reason tho) and it didn't go away, the
DDoS targeted that particular fingerprint. That server had two relays,
one fortunately unaffected.

I ended up just changing the fingerprint for the affected one. Now I
have to wait for the ramp-up phase, yay!

> Merry christmas,
> Frank

Best,

Neel