[tor-relays] Tor process sporadically gets hung on cloud server

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 19:07:07 UTC 2022

Hi,

So I have been being careful to keep tor as well as Debian up to date,
however, both my middle relay "udeserveprivacy" and my bridge "gbridge",
running on two different cloud services (OVH and Google Cloud
respectively), the tor process gets hung and the relay become unreachable.
Upon checking the tor log file I cannot find anything suspicious, so this
is a possible bug in tor I am reporting. I am wondering why this would
happen and not be recorded in the tor log file?

Thanks all.

-Keifer