[tor-relays] How to reduce tor CPU load on a single bridge?

Gary C. New garycnew at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 01:09:05 UTC 2022

 David,

I finally have time to migrate my loadbalanced Tor relay to a loadbalanced Tor obfs4proxy configuration.

In the process, I've been reviewing this thread and was hoping you could help with one clarification regarding your loadbalanced Tor snowflake configuration?

I noticed that you are using "AssumeReachable 1" in your torrc and was wondering whether you are exposing your ORPort to the World?

In the obfs4proxy configuration examples, it states that the ORPort needs to be open to the World, but it isn't clear in your torrc example whether you expose it to the World.

Is it truly necessary to expose the ORPort to the World in a pluggable transport configuration?

Thank you for your assistance.

Respectfully,

Gary
—
This Message Originated by the Sun.
iBigBlue 63W Solar Array (~12 Hour Charge)
+ 2 x Charmast 26800mAh Power Banks
= iPhone XS Max 512GB (~2 Weeks Charged)

     On Friday, March 4, 2022, 05:55:48 PM MST, Gary C. New <garycnew at yahoo.com> wrote:

 David,
> When I made my own combined graphs, I relied on different instances
having different nicknames. I don't know an easy way to distinguish the
descriptors of different instances otherwise.

Please let me know what the Tor Metrics Team decides, if/when they reimplement the change.

> You could conceivably do it by analyzing the periodicity of different
instances' publishing schedules. (Start one instance on the hour,
another at :10, another at :20, etc.) But that seems fragile, not to
mention annoying to deal with.

I agree. I'd rather manage unique nicknames.
Thanks, again.