[tor-relays] Tor 0.4.6.x is unsupported, please upgrade

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Tue Aug 23 13:46:11 UTC 2022

Hello!

To repeat what recently[1] got brought up: it's time to get relays
upgraded in case they are running the EOL 0.4.6.x Tor series. We'll
start reaching out to operators with valid contact information this week
and plan to reject relays which are still on 0.4.6.x in about 5 weeks
from now on at the end of September. You can follow along that process
in our bug tracker[2] if you want.

For the general processes around dealing with EOL relays in the Tor
network see my mail from last October[3].

Feedback and improvements are welcome, as always.

Georg

[1] https://twitter.com/torproject/status/1557392816250441728
[2] https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/network-health/team/-/issues/252
[3]