[tor-relays] Strange entries in notices.log

Marco Predicatori marco at predicatori.it
Tue Aug 23 08:38:47 UTC 2022

toritdown via tor-relays wrote on 8/22/22 23:49:
> I am suddenly finding numerous entries in my /var/log/tor/notices log that look like this:
>
> Aug 22 01:21:46.000 [warn] Unable to store router descriptor
> Aug 22 01:21:46.000 [warn] Error writing to "/var/lib/tor/cached-descriptors.new": No space left on device
> What does this mean? What do I need to do about?

"No space left on device". Looks like your disk is full. Free up some space, if
you can delete some stuff, or get a larger disk. Probably you can delete older
logs that are piling up in /var/log/. Set up a log rotation.

--
Bye, Marco
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/A4E74410D83705EEFF24BC265DE2B2FF39BDA56E