[tor-relays] Relays spamming my OR port

Logforme m7527 at abc.se
Wed Aug 17 17:31:48 UTC 2022

I run the relay 8F6A78B1EA917F2BF221E87D14361C050A70CCC3

I have tried to mitigate the current DoS by implemented connection
limits in my iptables using Toralf's template: More than 25 connection
during 10 mins and you end up on my naughty list.
Lots of connection attempts from the naughty list dropped but still my
relay gets "overloaded"

However, I have noticed that a few relays also end up on the naughty
list, and I wonder how that can happen. My understanding is that a relay
will only open 1 connection to another relay so should therefore never
end up on the list. Correct?

D767979FE4C99D310A46EC49037E9FE7E3F64E9D is a particularly frequent
naughty boy.
Maybe these relays disconnect and reconnect to my relay frequently due
to network issues (effect from the DoS?) or from not having enough
connections available on the router?

I guess my real question is if these connections are legit and I'm
hurting the Tor network by using connection limits?