[tor-relays] Flags gone after restart

andrew reid reidandrew91 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 22:41:54 UTC 2022

Hey there, I am running a tor relay off an old samsung phone. When I first
started the relay, my observed bandwidth was around 4.5MB/s. It was running
for around 7 days and had the stable and HSdir flag. After a few problems
with IP6 and being overloaded (thought this was a problem on my end, not a
DDoS attack) I restarted the phone and edited the config file to take away
IPv6. It has now been running for 7 days again but my observed bandwidth is
only 1.6MB/s now and I still haven't gotten the stable and HSdir flag back.
How long would this take or is it just a problem on my end ? and for the
bandwidth, my connection is still the same and hasn't changed. Is this just
something that takes time to come back like the flags. This is my first
relay so I would like to understand a bit more. Thank you